!Down By The River Races Postponed!

after much discussion we have reluctantly taken the decision to cancel and reschedule this Sunday's "Down By The River" 10k and 3k.


Given the current weather situation and travel advice as of Thursday 1st, and the Met Office yellow warning of snow until midnight Saturday, we do not feel it would be right, or safe, to expect people to travel.
The course is currently covered in deep snow, as can be seen in the photos. and temperatures are not predicted to rise by Sunday. The alternative XC course is also deemed unsafe

 

 

 

 

 

 


We also have to take into consideration the welfare of our runners, volunteer helpers and St Andrew's first aiders

We can assure you that we are as disappointed as you are, and will let you know the new date as soon as agreed with scottishathletics. If anyone cannot make the new date, bookitzone will refund your entry (minus booking fee). A lot of time and effort goes into organising a race, and we haven't taken this decision lightly, the safety of our entrants and volunteers is paramount.
We hope you understand our decision and can join us at the rearranged event.
 

3 thoughts on “!Down By The River Races Postponed!

  1. Thanks for trying guys! We look forward to the new date. Can't be helped and thanks for the heads up X

  2. Don't feel bad – you have made the right decision! Looking forward to the new date. Stay safe, everyone,

  3. I agree with the others. Very wise decision and look forward to running the race when the time comes!

Comments are closed.